Housed in the Golden Jubilee Library Block, the College Library provides a tranquil learning experience. It is a storehouse of vast academic resources with over 54,660 books, journals, periodicals, reference books, rare books, university question papers, old newspapers, dissertations, and other learning materials. The library is automated with KOHA 21.05.02.000 version. Wifi, E-gate, OPAC, and reprographic facilities make the library user-friendly and enhance quality of research and education. There are five browsing stations, a reading room, and a researchers’ corner. Subscription to N-List of UGC INFLIBNET facility provides access to 6000+e-journals and e-books. Access to e-resources of Mahatma Gandhi Universityhas been sanctioned. The Institution is pleased to extend its library facilities for academic or research purposes for anyone on prior request.
Digital Library provides access to digital contents anywhere and anytime. The college is a member of N-LIST programme which provides access to 6000+ e journals, 1,64,300+ e-books. Students and teachers can enrollin the N-LIST by contacting the library. Users can login through PC/Laptops and Mobile phone.
1. Library working hours are from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on all
2. Books may be borrowed for two weeks. A fine of Rs.1/- per day will be levied after the due date.
3. If the book is lost in any way, three fold price of the book will be realised from the borrower.
4. Identity card is to be produced for entrance to the reading room and for the issue of books.
5. The borrower of a book has to point out to the librarian or the circulation staff, at the time of the borrowing, any defect the book may already have. Otherwise it will be deemed that the book was intact when issued. The borrower will be responsible for any damage caused to a book while in his/her custody. If the book is damaged in any way the full price of the book will be realised.
6. All library dues should be cleared before the last working day of the academic year.
7. Strict silence should be observed inside the library and reading room.
8. Personal belongings like text books, umbrella, bags etc. are not allowed into the library. Users can carry laptops, notebooks, etc. for their study purpose
9. Overnight issue of the reference books is available with the special permission of the Librarian.
10. Members are responsible for books issued against their names.
11. Library reserves the right to recall any issued document even before the due date.
12. The Principal of the college reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
Library activities, purchase of books, periodical changing of library rules - all are monitored by Library Advisory Committee. Principal acts as Chairman and the Librarian is the Convener of the committee. Selected HODs and other distinguished faculty members are the members of this committee. Student representatives may also included.
Library Infrastructure and automation committee for monitors the functioning of the INFLIBNET and other library infrastructure.
Chairman : Dr. Roy George K. (Principal)
Convenor : Mr. Ribin Thomas (Librarian)
Committee Members : Ms. Ann Susa Thomas, Dr. Cimi A. Daniel, Dr. Jinsu Varghese, Dr. Jyothis T., Lt. Shaju K. John, Dr. Tom Thomas
Student Committe Members : Ms. Athira T.K., Mr. Alwyn Sabu Mathew
N-LIST -National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly ContentWeb Login Service
Library Orientation Video on college You Tube Channel
|7.||CD & Video||95|